What are remarks
Remarks include details that serve for the internal purposes (e.g. accounting, invoicing) of the agency. They work similarly as on GDS and can be exported to mid/back office via AIR or MIR files.
We support two scenarios of remarks:
1. Booking remarks
If you want to use remarks during the booking process, you need to firstly confirm to AirGateway which remarks template you want to have available. The template can be fully customized depending on the details you need. The screenshot below shows optional remarks during the booking.
We can also set remarks as mandatory in order creation, so the agents can not skip them during the booking process. The template will appear automatically and will have to be filled in order to continue with the booking. The screenshot below shows mandatory remarks during the booking.
2. Post Booking remarks
Once you create an order (unpaid), you can find the remarks section in your order details and add remarks after the booking.
How to use remarks
Click on the dropdown menu in ''Select template'' and choose the template you want to use.
Then fill the data either via button ''Edit'' or just click on the field and start typing.
Once all fields are completed, click on ''Save'' button. If everything is okay, you will be able to proceed to Order Issue.
Types of fields
We have four types of fields that can be used in creation of templates:
- Mandatory fields - This must be always filled, otherwise the form can’t be saved. The entire line is sent to AIR files. When you don’t input anything in this field and you try to save it, a warning ''Required field'' will pop up.
- Optional fields - You can decide to fill these fields or not, but when remarks are saved and this is empty, entire line won’t be sent to AIR files.
- Regular fields - Similar to optional fields, except by the fact that this line will be sent to AIR files even if you don’t fill its field.
- Auto fields - The proper data is automatically filled in, you don’t have to do anything. The fields can't be changed.
Types of data
Our remarks have four different types of data:
- Int: Numeric values non-decimal.
- Float: Decimal values.
- Str: To use any type of text. A minimum or a maximum of characters can be set.
- List: A list of several values to use in selected field. This is a single selection list.
A list of fields is generated automatically containing name and number from each passenger.
Passenger sales price
Price per passenger
Secuential number to identify each passenger (001, 002...)
Single number to identify passenger (P1, P2...)
3 letter IATA code with origin airport
3 letter IATA code with destination airport
The traveler reference used by the airline (ADT0, ADT1...)
This auto field takes its value from Bookingpad current user.